Monday, March 30, 2009

Belated Status Update

I realized that I never mentioned that Andrew learned how to walk...two months ago. Oops. I just figured it would be no big deal since he was months later than any of his friends. But we're still proud of him.
He's also a really good talker. Some of his favorite words right now: What's that?, wow (right after he sneezes), Jesus (at church because he looks at all the pictures in the hall), hi Kimball, baby, and puppy.
Lexi is SO good at taking care of him. We love when she comes over.
We kind of hope they get married. Hopefully the height thing will even out.


Andrew will only sit down to watch TV if there's a puppy on. So, we've been watching a whole lot of Animal Planet. And he really likes bread.

And not wearing pants.

We almost had Andrew completely paci free (except for bedtime; Mommy's not ready for that yet) until he started getting a molar and is in lots of pain. Now it's gone the other way...all paci, all the time. I guess you can't win 'em all.

5 Things to Say:

Sally said...

don't we all love to see puppies and not wear pants? he's just living it up while he can... and i say hurray for pacis! good job learning the walking skill... that comes in handy for life.

Kaylyn said...

I am with Sally, I love puppies and no pants. Cute pictures of the Bug! I hope he feels better soon. Also, I fully support he and Lexi getting married!

haleyhorrocks said...

Oh, yeah, teething is so hard. We also slipped back to pacifiers all the time when Ian started getting his molars in, and we haven't improved at all since then.

And pants are overrated. Especially when you can hardly get them to stand still long enough to wipe them down. I'm glad to see another kid not wearing 'em...I always feel like I'm neglectful when one of our neighbors comes to our door and Ian's half dressed.

Congratulations on Andrew for walking! I'm impressed he's talking so much. Ian says single consonant sounds for things--dah! for dog; lah! for light, etc. and only says a few things at that. Someone actually suggested the other day that he might be deaf.

Andrea and Chuck said...

Megan here is one of my many tricks. Bag the pacifier and try beef jerky I know that sounds crazy but it works. The Jerky takes forever to get soggy and the salty taste keeps them chewing better than any teething toy you will ever use. And at night teething tablets should be your friend.

Good luck and congrats on the talking and walking. Now could you tell me how to get a fourteen your old to not mouth off and roll his eyes at me. te he

Jen Holtkamp said...

that's awesome! we can't wait to see you guys again. i think the last time we saw andrew was when he was just a couple months old. i love it how he is the perfect blend you both you guys!