Thursday, September 24, 2009

Wow.

I had someone complain that I'm not posting as often as I once did. Here's why:
I decided to take a shower. Andrew decided to find the markers.
I was in the living room while Andrew was "playing quietly" in his room. Suddenly I hear this blood-curdling scream. And I come in his room thinking the ceiling is falling down. Really, he couldn't get his lion to stand up. And he was mad.So he swept them all off the stool onto the floor.I tried to soothe his OCD frustration by helping him set up the dinosaurs.Then Andrew was hungry, so I gave him some dinner. He got water with his dinner. He didn't want it, so he dumped it out on the table.He didn't want his peas either. Mind you, I'm getting a bigger belly every day and it's terribly hard to bend down and sweep up peas.

I wanted to check my email, so I brought Andrew into my room with me. After about 45 seconds, I heard, "Goodbye, paper." And found this.And then when I told him it was a bad choice to rip up all my toilet paper, he laid down on the ground and cried. Sometimes, I'm just too tired to write on the blog. But don't get me wrong. I still like Andrew.

12 Things to Say:

Amy Eagleston said...

Yesterday Charlie peed in a basket of clean, folded laundry and then threw every piece of laundry down the stairs.

Colle said...

Oh man I know this is not funny to you but I don't know what is funnier what Andrew did or Charlie. Okay anyway I am glad to hear that it isn't just my 4 and 2 year old acting this way. Good Luck!!

Unknown said...

I love that you took pictures of your whole adventure! Sorry about the peas... that is no fun!
Abi took off her diaper before she took a nap the other afternoon. Yeah, that wasn't fun... but like you said, for some reason we still love those "monsters."
Would love to see a pic of your growing belly!

Jenny said...

Wow, that fourth picture up totally looks like Kimball when he was younger!

Looks like things are busy around there! Pretty soon he'll have a little playmate who can be his sidekick during all his many adventures!

Natasha Ireland said...

oh man, I want to LOL and cry for you at the same time. When I saw the peas on the floor I could feel the torture literally of bending over to sweep those bad boys up. So sorry. I think I said it best yesterday. THESE BOYS need SIBLINGS :) good thing they are on the way :) good luck friend. See u soon.

Kaylyn said...

Wow. He really is quite the treat isn't he? Just think, only 2 more weeks until San Diego.

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

Amen. I can totally, totally relate to this! In fact, it provides much comfort in my life! I think Andrew and Ryan could be good friends!
Isn't it amazing what they can get into while you're "cleaning up" in the other room. Makes me wonder if it's all worth it to clean sometimes...but when they go to bed, you're way too tired to pull out the cleaning stuff...
life is crazy. Andrew is a cutie.

Candace said...

hilarious....okay probably not for you, but as you know I have encountered many a similar situation myself so you can rest assured I am certainly laughing with you and not at you (or Andrew)....at least there's a small easing in period with the new baby when they're still really little before you have 2 little guys causing all kinds of this mayhem!

rick martin said...

andrew...you're a piece of work. love grandpa.

Rachel said...

I can relate all too well. My condolences.

Jen Holtkamp said...

hmm i wonder where andrew got the OCD from?! ha, ha :)

Jaclyn said...

Oh my gosh Meg--- I love this post. You are such a good mom. Hope you loved San Diego. Sorry things are so crazy sometimes. Call if you ever need a break!