So, I've been reading this awesome book that I got for Christmas. I just finished it this morning, and I wanted to share something that I found very inspiring. Here's the quote:
"Only when a person has come to the understanding that each individual is born free and that the choices that individual makes determin his future--even into the eternities--can that person begin to understand how important every minute of life is."
I should probably tell you that the book is Yearning for the Living God by F. Enzio Busche.
Thursday, January 17, 2008
I'm Thoroughly Inspired
Author: Megan at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Things to Say:
I think if a bed is made at any time of the day it is OKAY! And if it doesn't get made and someone complains, that person has too much time on their hands. First, they shouldn't say anything and second, they should go read a book about being in the "thick of thin things."
Wisdom from Nanna
Wow, that quote was deep! I had to read it 3 times to fully comprehend it. Sounds like a great book!
Hi, its Lara. I found your blog, I wasn't invited but well, I love blogging and had been telling your mom and dad that you need to start. So I am glad that you finally took my advice.
Your little Andrew is darling. Really cute little dude. I love to make my bed and actually can't start my day until all the beds in the house are made. Who would have guessed?
Some thought for food:
It's funny, a friend and I were having this very discussion today over lunch. Though she and I agreed on the same basic principle put forth in the quote, it also went into the realm of how much the choices we make determine who we are.
I think that who we are is somewhat pre-determined ahead of our experiences because of our spirits, our souls, which are extremely individual. But I also think that as a result of the choices we make and the experiences that come from those choices, we progress our understanding of Truth, our relationship to God and who we are.
I also think though, that while the choices we make may lead to unique situations and experiences, if we happen to make the incorrect ones, we are still able, at some point, to gain the same sorts of insight and knowledge as we would if we had made the correct choice the first time it was before us, but it may be in an altered situation and a ways down the road (perhaps even in a different existence).
I don't think its too big of a cop out toward the stagnant, "I can do whatever I want because at some point I'll gain the things I need to" point of view, because we are always better off making the right choice the first time it is presented to us.
Hi Megan,
I read that book on my flight over to Germany when I found our relatives. I love that book. Amazing life story!!
Post a Comment