So, I'm feeling a little blog sick right now...Meaning, I got on the computer tonight because Justin is at the church and I thought a good use of my time would be to update about our recent vacation. I just spent two hours reading other people's blogs. It's an addiction I can't seem to break. The sad thing is, I am now just so unimpressed with myself that I don't feel like posting. Just reading about all the interesting things everyone is doing makes me feel...small. You know in "You've Got Mail" when Kathleen Kelly says, "I live a small life." That's how I feel. But, despite my self-pity, here's one of the "small" things in my life that is one of my biggest blessings.
Andrew has a new fascination with moving things. And singing things. He's so sweet. I love hanging out with the little munchkin all day. And even though I feel like I'm doing a small thing, he's a great thing, a great little person. So, here I am, changing my attitude and being happy about my small and oh-so-rewarding life.
11 Things to Say:
What are you talking about? I love your blog. You are so clever and whitty...I love reading your posts. At the same time I know what you mean about those over achiever perfectionest types that can make you feel small. I recommend not being their friend any more...Or at least not reading their blog :)
Megan, Megan buck up little camper all is good! Come on you just had a vacation grass is always greener! Hey I have had your Pampered Chef forever. We need to connect. Can't believe how big your little munchkin has gotten. He is a doll!
Seriously megan I love reading your blog. Andrew is getting so big. Isn't it fun being a mom!
I totally know what you mean in this post! Anyway, loved your comment on my blog because we would LOVE for you all to come! That would be so much fun. Whenever you feel like taking a trip down here, come please! You have a place to stay (however small it may be!) and the ocean and San Diego are less than an hour away. Andrew would love the beach. He is getting so big and so cute by the way.
I think it's time to come to AZ and sit by the pool and sip lemonade together. You're an amazing mom and person. I need a visit. Love ya!
P.S. Did I mention, I am DYING to meet Little Mr. Andrew? Man he's cute.
Megan, I so have been there...like every day. But it is so true- what you said about Andrew. Sometimes we forget that the things that seem the simplest, are our greatest blessings and joys! You are such an awesome person.
Hey, remember, it's not a race or competition against anyone else! It only matters what kind of wife and mother you are. It also matters that you are happy with YOU!
Believe me when I say that I used to feel that I had to do a MILLION things to feel like I was actually accomplishing something! Since becoming a mom, things have changed DRASTICALLY! Life is a lot simpler and actually more beautiful. I have time to stop and assess my life and enjoy things instead of racing everywhere I go!
You're great- so cheer up! You have a beautiful baby boy and a great hubby! What more could you ask for!?? hehe My pep talk for the day! It actually helped me too! hehe Self therapy- you know how it goes! :)) Have a great day!
Ok so Megan you don't know me, but well Justin does so that works! Anyway I just have to say after reading this post I feel like your sister! I am feeling the exact same way today. I wish that I had something inspiring to say but it looks like you have some real friends that have already done that! :) It is nice to know that I am not alone! Maybe tomorrow will bring better blog stalking for both of us! :)
Dear Megs, my fellow blog stalker,
I think you are a blogging genius, an excellent writer and a all around rocking mom. (I should know I am the Pres. of the rockin mom club)
Also, forget about keeping score because it's always the same, someone is winning and someone is losing.
Lastly, sorry I forgot to do your tag thing. I know you chose me because you thought that I would follow through but well, I guess now you know I am the most forgetful 27 year-old ever.
Megan, small is good! At least that's what I tell myself when I feel badly about being so short :) Right now, small things make big differences.
Also, I am a total blog stalker. And I think you should come to DC to visit Katie. Then I can meet up with you guys for a few hours and I can see your little boy! And you guys, too, of course.
I was gonna tell you- Andrew was fascinated with Sesame Street the other day. He couldn't stop looking at it. Especially Elmo. It was awesome! Oh- and the fish tank. Totally fascinated.
-Cassie
Post a Comment