Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Few Thoughts

If I could send a message to everyone in the world today, I would only say two things:

1.  Since, like "since you've been gone," is not spelled the same as sense, like "I have no common sense."

2.  Please stop putting words on your license plates.  I feel like such an idiot when I see something like "TNGNATA" and I am trying to sound it out.  It distracts me from my driving and frustrates me that I still have no idea what TNGNATA means.

Thats all.  L8R SK8R.  

11 Things to Say:

Kaylyn said...

Did you just need to rant about something for a second :) I agree on the license plate things, I am an idiot and usually say something wrong and then get distracted, not a good combination.

La said...

I too hate license plates that say dumb junk. I also appreciate the grammar lesson. Long live English majors!!!

Camille said...

I am right with you on the "sense" thing. I don't consider myself a grammar snob, but deep down I know I am one. But "sense" for "since" is just inexcusable. That just seems WAY too basic.

A STAR is born said...

Should we talk about your/you're, its/it's, their/there/they're, and ending sentences with prepositions?
Sigh.
One battle at a time.

mare said...

ha. I had to laugh at your comment on my blog-- yes, I think I've read The Fountainhead vicariously because once you've read a few Ayn Rand's, haven't you read them all? No-- really, I want to read that one though. Tolman Tigers you say? Are you a year older? I think I remember your little sister too-- a year younger maybe? That's fun.

Anyway, this is getting long, but I love your posts because they are not lame. That's all.

Oh, and worst license/bumper saying ever: ORULDS2? Throw-up in my mouth.

The Babinskys said...

So didn't know you had a blog. I love it a lot. It doesn't make since that you didnt tell me. Sense that is the case I will be the first one to write. Ha Ha Ha. Love you guys. Oh did I spell those wrong? JK
Oh and Andrew is adorable. Pretty sad I've only seen him once in real life.

The Mercer Family said...

LOL agreed! hehe If it's not clear...then it's NOT clever and should not be on your license plate! :))

Do you guys ever wanna hang out again...I don't know now if I made a bad first impression. You guys are like the guys that don't call after teh first date! LOL jk Okay, not really, but it would be totally fun to hang out agian sometime!

Unknown said...

I completely agree with the ending a sentence with a preposition comment. A BIG pet peeve of mine.

Jaclyn said...

I am with you my venn diagram friend. I would like to add that barely and barley are not the same. Definitely and defiantly have different vowels so they also cannot be used interchangeably. Keep on ranting! Oh, and close your eyes while driving in California - this is the land of vanity license plates with all sorts of gibberish. Love ya!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Hey Megs. You're funny and I like you. Please please do come to AZ soon!

Tyra said...

So everyone in Illinois has personalized license plates. Really I have never seen more in my life, I guess it only costs like $3 in the state of IL to do it so everyone does it. Not kidding I bet 50% of cars driving around have them. (okay that maybe a little high, but not by much) People put all sorts of things on them, but mostly their last names. Really everyone has their last names and a number at the end. Once I even saw an IL plate driving around that said UTAH on it. Very strange.