Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Hiatus

So, during this short blog separation I've had, here's what I've been doing/thinking.

One of my friends wrote on her blog, "I'm kind of done with blogging sometimes," and someone else said, "blogs are just a place for you to brag about how good your life is." I kind of agree with these two statements. Sometimes I get annoyed with trying to think of things to write, pretend like everything in life is bright and sunshine-y, knowing that I'm part of this weird world that feels somewhat reminiscent of the high school life I despised, etc.



However, I'm over it. Here's some new pictures.

Here's Molly and Andrew...Her hair is an awesome color right now, is it not?
Here's Andrea and Eddie. HE'S SO CUTE!! Good job, Scotty and Andrea for having such a cute, blonde little bug.

And here's a picture of the classic ugly face. If you can't be pretty, you should always try to be really, really ugly. People appreciate it.

9 Things to Say:

Amy Eagleston said...

I think you should start swearing on your blog. You know, just so all those sunshine-y people know that you aren't playing their little game.

Mark said...

Mission accomplished on the really ugly thing.

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen Molly in so long! I didn't even know that she still existed. I'm glad to see that she does. And I agree with Amy.

Kaylyn said...

Moles does have a really cute color of hair! The ugly faces are, well, ugly and perfect.

Anonymous said...

Ha, ha! If you think this is negative, you're insane. This is totally tame! Maybe I need to delete some blog posts... :) And yeah, you'll have to pay to read the book. I'm so sure. And I feel like an even bigger loser because of how many people you know. I think I know four. Total. LOL!

The Jensens said...

Yeah, nothing is more frustrating than feeling like you have to be "perfect" all the time, so I have learned that it's okay not to be perfect. I think a lot of people have "sunshiney" blogs just because they want to focus on the positive things in their lives. Different blogs serve different purposes. I have a whole blog where I rant and rave and complain so that I can get it off my chest. It's a "secret blog" because I have learned negativity doesn't do much for people. However, I do see your point and just like anything else, it's easy to get caught up in comparing, and I think that's what makes any good thing suck. Wow, sorry about the novel. It's late and I get weird at night.

Melinda said...

Megs- about being done with blogging, we almost pulled our blog because of the same reasons! Blogging makes me feel like I should have 3 kids by now and a big home to my name. Oh well!!

Jill said...

we're kindred spirits. i hate to think blogging is about being competitive or showing off. but i think you keep it real. :)

lizdye said...

I never noticed Mollys lazy eye before. She should have it checked.