Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Go Vikings

Facts about me:

-Although I didn't like high school for the social aspect in a lot of ways, I definitely liked that our mascot was the viking, we had good colors (maroon and gold) and I had inherited my own set of viking braids.
-When I went to Ricks College, I was pleased to know that the mascot was again a viking.
-I lived in Nauvoo for a semester. Their town mascot? A viking.
-I got my mission call to Minnesota. What? Vikings?
-I live in Pleasant Grove. PG High School? Vikings.

I embrace the barbarism that is the viking. And now I'm dressing my kid to support my alma mater...or my alma maters, or almas mater, or however you make that plural...

And I realize not all these Vikings are maroon and gold, but they should be. It's totally the best school color combination. Minnesota, purple and gold isn't NEARLY what it should be.

3 Things to Say:

Kaylyn said...

Ah, Viewmont...the memories.

La said...

Ah, kid you make me giggle. BTW, what kind of town has a mascot?

Laurel said...

I believe we referred to VHS colors as mustard and ketchup.
signed a Bountiful Brave -- go BRAVES - red and grey