Friday, September 19, 2008

Avast, mateys!

This be th' best day o' th' whole year. If ye'r not celebratin' it, start now...That's right, bucko, 'tis speak like a scurvy pirate day.

Highlights from previous "Talk Like a Pirate" Days...

1. BYU campus. For some reason there is a much higher ratio of people aware of this day at BYU than anywhere else I've been.

2. The day that Parent Teacher Conferences and Talk Like a Pirate Day fell on the same fateful day. My students dared me to talk like a pirate to their parents. Let me tell you, they were LINING up to talk to me.

3. The ever-present pirate party. This was before we were aware of this special day, so we spent a whole month talking like a pirate. Love it.
4. Getting text messages from my mateys who I only talk to once a year...September 19.
5. Talk Like a Pirate Day in Minnesota. For some reason, the two accents mixed together are really funny.

2 Things to Say:

haleyhorrocks said...

I have forgotten thirteen out of the fourteen birthdays that I should have remembered this year, but didn't forget "Talk Like A Pirate" Day. I've still got it, baby!

Oh, and sorry I forgot to tell you when we chatted the other day. I was distracted by your news. I have no idea how I forgot to tell you--it's not like my massive belly is easy to forget about.

Jaclyn said...

I celebrated "talk like a pirate" day in class-- kids love it. Love you!