Monday, February 2, 2009

Sister

Reasons why Katie is my absolute favorite:


1. I just told her that if we die on our cruise, she will be Andrew's mom...Her response? "I love the bug. But I really need you to focus on not dying. I'm not ready to be a mom." Sure thing, Kates.

2. She has a really cool job. And she got her job because she seriously proved herself during her internship in D.C. She's smart and uber-organized, which makes her a phenomenal scheduler.

3. When she has rotten sewage flooding her new apartment, she laughs. And she's really pretty.
4. She married Ryan. Also a favorite.


5. Katie actually maintained relationships for me while I was on my mission. She made friends with my friends and made sure they remembered me.

6. Pretty much everything I have done in my life, Katie has done with me. Including getting the same surgery for a rare non-hereditary condition BOTH of us happened to have.

7. Against our husbands' wills, we send packages back and forth almost every month. Sometimes more. This month she has sent me three seasons of Alias and some shorts to wear in the Bahamas. I sent her cookies.

8. Sometimes, when I met boys that I wasn't interested in for myself, I'd set them up with my sister...And it would usually work out.

9. She talked me off the ledge when I had my freak out moment before Justin and I got married.
10. She loves Andrew almost as much as I do. Which is why, if we die, I want Katie to raise my kids. She will be a really good mom.

12 Things to Say:

Kaylyn said...

Thanks Megs, you are really nice! I love you too and I am glad we are sisters. But seriously, living is good, dying - not as good. P.S. is that the best picture you could find of me and the bug? Good morning sunshine, here I am!

Unknown said...

I love your sister too. And you.

Vicki said...

You're going on a cruise??? To the Bahamas (I'm guessing, from what you said in your post)? When are you going? I'm jealous!!! (even though we just got back from our Mexican Riviera Cruise... keep checking my blog for more and more cruise pictures). I loved it so much, I want to save up money to go on another cruise (we're thinking an Alaskan cruise or a Caribbean cruise... the Bahamas would be cool, too). Anyway, that's neat you have such a close relationship with your sister. :-)

haleyhorrocks said...

I didn't know Katie got a new job. What's she doing?

lizdye said...

I want to go on a cruise.

Jess and Heather said...

Yeah Katie! And Megs!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I can totally relate! I feel the same about my sis too!

Sally said...

Megan, are you fishing for compliments since you mentioned your sister is pretty (and she very much is) and you look exactly like her?!

La said...

Aw. Katie. She is the bestest.

Brooke said...

I totally understand about the sister thing. They really are the best!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Wiping the tear out of my eye. Lovely post. I like Katie too. And have FUN on your cruise!

Jaclyn said...

I think Katie is fantastic, and I don't even know her-- to be your favorite makes her one of mine. I trust your judgment on just about anything-- have fun on your cruise!