Friday, July 17, 2009

I'm Just Saying...

I'm not the "longing" type of person. I never wish I was living someone else's life. I tend to be pretty happy with where I am and who I am. However, in the last week, as I've been thinking about Andrew's life, I've been thinking of how cool it would be to be a kid.

the "sing" (swing)...I wish we could spend more time here, but it's just so blazing hot in the middle of the day!

Seriously, someone feeds him. Someone gives him a bath. He never has to do dishes. If he throws food on the floor, no one really gets mad at him. His entire existence is centered around fun things to do. He plays with toys, he takes naps, he goes swimming, he goes to the park, he watches shows, he reads books.

Andrew prefers swimming with his daddy...nice for me. Swimsuit's not looking so good right now. :)

This is MY proudest accomplishment. I made omelettes for dinner and Andrew ate the WHOLE thing...mushrooms, peppers and spinach included. He really likes eggs. He's such a great eater.



In fact, I have a weekly schedule with chores/activities/learning goals for each day, and guess what? All of the activities are for Andrew and all of the chores are for me.

He likes his "shows," which I hate to say are all musicals involving lots of singing and dancing. He's not really into cartoons, but he LOVES Hairspray. Eek.



I'm really glad that Andrew is so cool, or else I might be jealous of him.

7 Things to Say:

Sally said...

megan you crack me up. it's so true though. oh, the life of a child. it would be nice to have your biggest problem be that your slave/mom didn't fill the right color of sippy cup for you...
by the way, do you want to borrow my maternity swimsuit? or any of my clothes? let me know... and let's play soon... seriously.

Kaylyn said...

I want to have the life of a kid so that I am FORCED to take naps, maybe even twice a day.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

That's how you know you're doing it right :) Seriously, I mean what if kids had to worry about getting stressed out. Sad thought. Maddie's fav movies are all musicals.

Holly and Matthew said...

What a great talent you have in writing my dear! Love the entry. :) I would have to agree... the kiddos do get a great deal of pampering at that age and it's a shame I don't remember what it was like. I bet it was pretty, dang awesome though! Time to pay it forward right? haha :) Hope you are doing well. :) Andrew is going to make such a great big brother!

TPlayer said...

Justin's child likes musicals?!-Shocker!...love it!
PS.. I'm liking Andrew's shades. Definitely put a smile on my face

Jaclyn said...

I'm on board with living Andrew's life-- then I could eat your cooking. I love your world.

Andrea and Chuck said...

Chuck tells me often that he wishes he was living the dream like me. I say what? his response is spending every day with the kids at the pool hearing all the the fascinating tells of four kids and you still get to stay up late better than a kids life. I think I agree!!!