Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thank goodness the hospital is 5 minutes away...

Megan is a champ and had an awesome delivery this morning. I'm just glad we made it to the hospital in time. That was too close for comfort.


Henry Jefferson Martin was born at 8:45am. He is 6 lbs., 9 oz. and very healthy. More pictures to come later...


We would also like to welcome our beautiful little niece into the world - Lyla Jean Martin. She was born a few days ago. Mom and baby are doing great!


25 Things to Say:

rick martin said...

i get to be the first to reply.....Little Lyla and Henry are two beautiful early christmas presents for these grandparents. It just doesn't get any better than this!!

Natasha Ireland said...

I can't believe he's finally here. It seems like a long time ago that we found out you were expecting... oooh the joys of lil' boys, he's perfect and we can't wait to meet him. Taylor was asking for Andrew today by the way. He can come play anytime by the way. WE LOVE YOU GUYS and are sooo excited to have Henry here. WAY TO GO MEGAN, Your a rockstar. (thank you for your KIND card)

Katherine said...

What a cute little man. :) Congratulations!

The Thompsons said...

Yay- congrats!!!

Kaylyn said...

Ah, so cute. I love the new little guy and his awesome hair! You are so tough Megs, good job!

Brooke said...

congrats! he's cute and looks a lot like andrew. he has a ton of hair! hope you're feeling well megan.

Nola said...

Thank you for the pictures of handsome Henry, marvelous Megan and lovely Lyla. Babies are definitely a cherished and entrusted gift from our Father in Heaven. We love you so very, very much. All our missionaries send their congratulations and best wishes! Love, Mom and Dad

Jen Holtkamp said...

wow! congrats!!!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Cutest Henry ever! I am drooling over his hair. How fun. Great job Megs can't wait to see more pics and meet the little fella.

lizdye said...

YAY! Im so happy he is here, what amazing features he has! I cannot believe all that hair. HE IS BEAUTIFUL! And I hope mom is doing super duper fantastic.

Devin said...

congrats congrats congrats!!!!

La said...

Congrats Martin Family. (I loved reading Nola's comment. She is the cutest lady ever.)

Amy Eagleston said...

That hair! I just want to run my fingers through it...Is that weird? He is so cute!!! Congrats Meg!

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

How cute is he! I'm so excited for you to be done with pregnancy!!! His hair looks just like Justins! Craziness. Hope you're having fun. Let me know if you have any tips to adjusting to another addition!

Colle said...

Congratulations!!!! That is a lot of hair!

mare said...

congrats! so glad everyone is happy and healthy. he's a tiny little guy!

Alicia said...

Hooray hooray! Love all the hair. We'll get to meet the new baby at our annual get-together? Right?

haleyhorrocks said...

Look at all that hair! He looks just like Andrew. At least, from that one picture, he does.

Congratulations, and hope the recovery is going well!

Jaclyn said...

I was on my way to your house when I got the text that Henry had come. So exciting. I can't wait to meet him. I love the name Henry by the way. I talked about it with my whole extended family-- my papa's name was Henry. Great company. He's adorable. Hope he Meg are doing well!

Laurel said...

Handsome Henry! He is adorable. Wow you know how to get a baby into the world fast!!! Congratulations on getting those genes too!! You Rock Megan!!! Oh yeah, you too Justin!!

The Babinskys said...

So what is it with Martin boys and having identical sons. :) He is adorable. (and yes Justin that means you are adorable because he looks just like you). Congrats. I am excited to see him. Love ya

Sofia L said...

Congrats he is sooo cute! I can't believe how much hair he has. I'm sure he'll make a great lil bro.

MattJB said...

WOOT WOOT! :) Way to go girl!!! We are so thrilled to hear that all went well. :) What a great team you 3 make... and I am sure Andrew was silently part of the team as well. :) We are so excited to meet your lit'l Henry once we are all rested up and well. :) love you guys!

Julie said...

Congrats Megan! He is another beautiful baby. Sounds like it was a fast but good experience. I'm so glad.

Jill said...

He is so perfect, BIG CONGRATS to you Martins! I think that is so fun Henry + Lyla were born so close together too.