Monday, April 12, 2010

What the...? Where do the days go?

I know everyone else has already posted about Easter...But we did celebrate the holiday as well. We're really working on enjoying holidays instead of just looking at the calendar and saying, "Oh, it's June. Guess we missed Easter."
I love how it's like discovering a treasure when you dye eggs. Does the orange tablet always seem like it will be yellow to anyone else?


During priesthood session, we had Cassie and girls and Rachel and boys over to do some dipping...By that I mean dipping Rice Crispie Treat eggs into chocolate. And let me tell you, those kiddies thought that was the most genius idea ever. For one night, Mother of the Year.


Andrew was a little confused about the dippage...Mostly he'd dip then bite, dip then bite. Distribute the chocolate evenly. That's right, kid.


Justin got some good prizes at our 2nd Annual Neighborhood Easter Egg Gathering. Can't really call it a hunt, because all the kids are too little to actually LOOK for eggs. Mostly it's like, Oh, there's a big pink blob in the grass. That's suspicious.


Henry had the important job of guarding our prizes (Play-Doh). He looks like a guard dog, huh?


Andrew and Justin did some good gathering. And the bonus is that Andrew's Easter basket will definitely double as a Halloween prop. Looks like he's going to be a football player. Done and done. I'm so on top of holidays.

4 Things to Say:

Nola said...

Love the pictures and commentaries! Andrew's expressions are priceless and Henry is a very handsome guardian of the gifts! We send our love!

Kaylyn said...

I want a rice crispie treat. Save me one.

Mrs. T said...

i didnt know about the neihgborhood thing... what the heck??
looks like it was a fun Easter for youf family. :)

Katherine said...

What, Easter is over? I guess I should take the decorations down now...