Tuesday, March 30, 2010

On the horizon...

After spending a weekend in Texas, here are some things I learned:

1. Whatever you pay for, that's what you get...At least when it comes to hotel rooms. Let's just say that our accommodations the first night were not stellar.

2. People are really nice in Texas. Especially if you happen to share their faith. We got no less than 6 invitations to Sunday dinner. We're so excited to actually move there so we can return the favor.

3. BYU has nothing on A&M when it comes to school spirit. We're so totally happy to be Aggies.

4. If you need to find a place to live, call Kelly. She'll just do the work for you, and you might get some awesome neighbors out of the deal. Settlers and baby monitors, here we come.

5. Austin is a very cool city. And we saw the largest population of urban bats in the world. In the WORLD. How cool is that?

6. Don't make GPS lady mad. You might miss your flight if you do.

12 Things to Say:

grandpa rick said...

we're officially aggies now too.....since we have TWO students who are aggies right now. :)

La said...

Austin is a very cool city. I like it. Good luck on the move!

lizdye said...

So when are you leaving? It sounds so soon in this post. Im really excited for you but getting a little teary at the same time. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Jaclyn said...

I love that you're on your way to Texas-- I hope you end up with cowboy boots!

Kaylyn said...

I cannot wait to come and visit. Tell Andrew we are going to have a sleepover with lots of treats.

Unknown said...

Kelly is very efficient at that whole "house finding" thing, isn't she?

I think we should get cowboy boots. They are awesome, and we wouldn't want to put our boys in Mutton Busting if we weren't wearing boots.

See you both soon.

Justin said...

Hey, Jeff... it's time we shake of this California-Utah persona we have going on. We are true Texans, especially since we are getting in-state tuition. :)

Let's get the boots! And where do I sign to get our boys in mutton busting??

Justin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Really after a trip to austin i couldn;t figure out what the heck people were doing living here in dallas.

Sounds like you have a fun ward! student ward? congrats once again.

Jen Holtkamp said...

so texas...we will miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys!! That's so exciting. I love Texas. Minus the "love bugs" and spiders and scorpions. Seriously though, we always say we would move to Texas. We will see what happens next year! When do you move?

Brooke said...

that's very exciting. i can't say enough good things about texas. you'll just love it. it's warm almost year round (i know you hate the snow). and it's true, the aggies love their school. they have tons of traditions, and some are a little strange.