If anyone knows me well, they probably know much about my sister. I talk about her a lot.
She's my favorite sister ever (lucky dog, she is...I only have one sister) and spending time with her makes me feel like a million bucks. So you can imagine my sheer joy at the thought of having her all to myself (well, sharing with my kids) for 10 days. And I've got the pictures to prove it.
Okay, so this isn't a picture proving anything about Katie, but Andrew takes his writing very seriously...Moving on...
We went to the children's museum in Waco. Super awesome. And the dress-ups fit perfectly! Could not have been more pleased.
I'm ashamed to admit I actually considered walking out of the museum with this beauty. The wooden shoes would have totally given me away, though. Like, hey, who let the Dutch girl in?
I could have stayed at this model train thing ALL day. Andrew liked it too.
Katie, however, needed to get somewhere quick. As you can see.
We built Legos in the Lego Castle exhibit. Andrew thinks that knights are "good nights." Cute.
Of course I always have to try a few new recipes when we have guests. So, crisp ravioli with fresh tomato sauce? Yeah. I know.
We also went to the Blue Bell (Ice Cream...redundant reference for Texans) Factory. Come to mama. Also got this bonus free paper hat.
Best part of the Blue Bell Factory: Andrew took so long to eat his ice cream that some dripped on his hand. He looked at it with disgust and said, "What is happening...(dramatic pause)...to my hand?"

Henry did most of his sightseeing from the stroller.
We let the boys swim a lot. It was really hot for Katie. She found out I have not been exaggerating how hot it is here.
While the boys swam or jumped, Kates helped me build my garden boxes. She is just so handy with the drill! (giggles ensue)
Thanks to Katie for giving me great joy in being able to share the lovely land of Texas with you.
Henry did most of his sightseeing from the stroller.
Thanks to Katie for giving me great joy in being able to share the lovely land of Texas with you.
4 Things to Say:
Katie? Handy with a drill? I just had a good laugh! I'm glad she was able to spend some quality time with you. Sisters are the best.
you have the cutest family! crispy ravioli?! sounds delicious!!!
I loved playing with the drill, it was awesome. I wish we lived closer together so we could play nerts a lot.
Hahahaha :) fabulous post. LOVE your boys...they are so fabulous. So glad your sister could come down for a while...that is awesome :)BTW--totally jealous about the Blue Bell factory...want some... :)
Post a Comment