Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christmas in Retrospect

I feel very unapologetic about being slow with the blog update. I'm just trying to carry the Christmas spirit with me. Justin, however, would like to apologize on my behalf. He's got a social conscience.Christmas Eve... New PJ's. The theme this year is turtles. Justin got me some awesome PJ's at the San Marcos Outlets in San Antonio. Love that place!
Andrew is in love with anything that has to do with Grandpa and/or Grandpa's house.
Henry even smiled a couple times while we were in Utah.
How long has it been since you did one of the "I Spy" books? This is a great big-kid activity. Doris and Chase worked on it together for a long time.
Gingerbread houses... Those kits from Super Target are the best. Little effort, little mess. And, the candy is sick, so it is no temptation. Jack and Andrew had a good time.
Our Christmas decoration (singular) at home in Texas. It's actually a rosemary bush so I can still use it. And the ornaments helped me use up some of the 50 yards of felt I have...only 49 1/3 to go.Our first night in Utah, I spent with the high school girlies at Molly's baby shower. This is the only picture. We were much too busy laughing hysterically about "specials."Lyla and Henry...so cute.
This is what happens if you mention the name Santa Claus. Melt down! I don't blame the kids. Who would want an overgrown man creeping around your house in the middle of night?Favorite present of the year (Henry)... a wooden helicopter.Favorite present of the year (Andrew)... Monk! (When will it stop, you ask? When it stops being funny to me...in like 20 years.)We spent Christmas morning with Troy, Jamie and kids. So fun! Thanks for letting us stay at your house.
Martin Family Fun Day. Train ride into Salt Lake City and a day at the Children's Museum.

At this point I would love to post pictures from the Martin party and Flanders party; however, I forgot to bring the camera once again. Sorry, Justin. We had a good time though! (Can you tell that Justin has now taken over writing for me? I actually feel no remorse...no camera=no guilt for not getting it out at said parties.)

Back at home and still trying to get back to sleeping through the night.

5 Things to Say:

Nola said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of your Christmas celebration! We love pictures! We love you!

La said...

:) and Merry Christmas. I am sorry that we missed you guys while you were here. Next time? Seriously.


p.s. I too love San Marcos outlets. I wanna go, like, today.

Laurel said...

It was so fun to see you at Troy and Jamie's sorry Justin wasn't there and Henry didn't want to wake up to visit :)
I want to visit San Marcos outlet again too! I will be visiting Texas in the Spring sometime soo you should hook up with Keirsten and I and we will have some fun!!!

Trent and Meg said...

Looks like you had a fun Christmas...Love the new PJ's for the boys...and your Christmas decoration (where do you buy a rosemary bush thingy?) and the Santa reaction...that is funny :)

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I have to admit I'm a little offended that you didn't post all of these sooner AND that you forgot your camera on so many important events. Justin is right. You should be ashamed...


Seriously, don't you feel like the more kids you get, the more impossible it is to blog AND I think the mark of a good vacation is when you're having so much fun that you forget to take pics, although it is a bummer not to have them later! Too bad we all don't have tons of extra time when we're visiting our families so we could all hang out. One of these days!