Monday, January 31, 2011

January is the cruellest month...or is it?

I think the poem actually says "April is the cruellest month," but I've heard a lot of January bashin' going on lately. Mostly from my Utah friends, who hate the miserable weather and inversion. Personally, I kind of love January. A lot of my favorite people were born in January (my mom, father-in-law, two of my favorite mission companions, MLK), I L-O-V-E Texas in January and I love resolutions. But that's a post for a different day. Really, I'm just beating around the bush, typing to make up for my lack of bloggage lately. And this update is mostly for Justin, who we haven't seen much of this month, so now he can see what we've been doing at home.Dia de los Reyes...Because we missed the only thing Andrew asked for at Christmas (paint). So glad for those kings that gave me a chance to redeem myself.
Shooting hoops. Apparently I need to raise the hoop. Andrew makes NO effort.
Justin had the best idea, and Andrew is a rockin' baseball player because of it. Justin drew footprints so Andrew would know how to stand, and I helped him with the "ladies and gentlemen, I will now swing backward and forward!" part. (Seriously, he says that every time he goes to hit the baseball.)Henry likes to help Andrew set up. Lots of head bonkin' going on. For some reason, Henry doesn't mind.
Of course, it gets a bit annoying when he tries to push the ball off the tee, but Andrew is generally pretty patient with his "best baby brother friend."
Henry is obsessed with Andrew's trike. He's pretty stable, too. I can sit him on it and he just stays there and watches Andrew play whatever sport he is working on that day.
Andrew took this picture the other day and I just found it on the camera. Isn't that so beautiful? I think this is the day it was like 75 degrees. Before you hate me, I think it will only be in the 40's this week.

Coming up tomorrow, my foray into the world of sewing...epic destruction.

5 Things to Say:

La said...

I was starting to hate you and all your cheery January love and then. . . you made me laugh out loud. BTW those boys are adorable.

Sally said...

andrew is quite the photographer already, that is a really cool picture! and i love that henry blends in with the tee... but doesn't mind. what fun to have little best friend brothers... some day i hope to have that...

Trent and Meg said...

So...the most random of all random thoughts (should probably send this in an e-mail so not as to embarass myself)...so I'm sitting at work, making the best attempt to stay awake (was not at all successful for like an hours) and woke up and realize I was dreaming about you guys visiting the ward again (in my "dream" it was just last week). Then I woke up and realized I was still at work, so I decided to check the blog-o-sphere...and lo and behold, an update. LOVE your little guys...they are stellar little beings :)

Jaclyn said...

I love that you love January. Somebody needs to send it a little love. I have to admit I'm not a January lover though planning my own activities to look forward to helped. Honestly, I think my leftover loathing for January comes from teaching - January had the end of first semester and tons of grading. Now I don't have that excuse...ps. Love that your boys are little athletes. Too cute!

Nola said...

Wow, seeing these pictures makes me realize how much I miss you but makes me appreciate even more the beauties of having a family and the beauties that surround us. Thanks Andrew for looking up and sharing what you saw. We all need to do more of that. We love you!