I realize my updates have been less than stellar lately. My general predicament of not being able to find the camera is partly to blame, but most of the pictures I take are on my phone anyway. I'm just getting around to moving the hundreds of attempts to capture funny moments to the compy, so prepare yourself for a possible increase in posts. Possible, not probable.
Today, it's all Andrew.
So, Andrew turned 3 in December. Now he thinks he's "almost 6." He tells everyone that when they ask how old he is. He LOVES doing art projects. I do not love them. But, so as not to stifle the creativity, he is allowed to do some kind of project once a day.
Paint is his medium of choice, but he'll take anything. (this is pudding with food coloring)
He picks plants from my garden and eats them. Broccoli leaves, Brussels sprouts leaves and kale. Our lettuce is all gone, but he pretty much eats anything green as long as it is straight from the garden. I can't wait for him to get some real edibles this summer.
A few weeks ago, Andrew had to miss his preschool class, so Justin called Andrew and said he could come to "Daddy's school." Justin TOTALLY won Dad of the Year. He had set up a study room for Andrew's school, planned some very preschoolish activities and printed out pictures for him to color.
Andrew let Henry come too, which was very nice.
He even got to choose a "snack" from the vending machine. He literally could not wrap his mind around the concept that there were bags and bags of chips just WAITING to be had. (We do NOT, under any circumstances, go down the chip aisle at the store...my resolve for healthy eating cannot stand up against a bag of Doritos.)
Andrew isn't much of an adventurer (he likes to know he's going to be "safe" no matter what he's doing), but putting his piggy bank where Henry can't reach it has been a test for him. He's figured out how to visit his "Evil Dr. Porkchop" and see if any interest has accrued. And he LOVES being a naked noonie as long as he can wear his hat.
Andrew has determined that "When I grow up, I'm gonna be a doctor and a chef." He loves to help me cook and is very diligent about watching our food "grow" in the oven. The doctor part? I'm not sure how that's going to work out, considering he despises visits to the doctor's office.
Monday, February 21, 2011
Andrew at Three
Author: Megan at 7:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 Things to Say:
Thank you for making me smile today! It was a day I really just want to forget but I do want to remember your pictures which have brought a smile to my face today (I have 5 more minutes before it becomes Thursday). Thanks for the happiness!
OH...he is so cute!!! We sure miss you guys...but are grateful for the internet, for sure! Glad to see he's taking after you with the healthy eating...LOVE food fresh from the garden. Oh, what a sweet little guy :) And, P.S. If you need a crafting break...just send him our way ;) We'd love to entertain him and his creativity :D
Yay! Gotta love the three year old fun! I love the pictures of him with his cheetos in the last couple posts! We miss you guys!
I am so excited for you guys to come visit us. Cannot. Wait.
Daddy school is such a cute idea. I missed you and your fantastic family of boys extra this week. Hope you're well!
Post a Comment