As a celebration of surviving the first year of Justin's MBA, we decided to pay a visit to the nation's capital. And by that I mean, Justin had a class on public policy in D.C., and the boys and I came along to visit my sis. Let's just say, this was one of the best trips we've taken so far in our lives. Justin was in class all week, but Kates and I just played our ever-livin' guts out. Hopefully we can someday live in the same state, time zone, neighborhood...Whatever. I'll take what I can get.
 |
| Andrew with his buddies MJ and Whitney. These are two of Katie's friends, and we owe them big for getting the biggest laugh from Andrew that I've ever heard. Whitney taught him to headbang while MJ jammed on her ukelele. |
 |
| At the farm. Henry loves animals of all kinds. As you can see. |
 |
| This is what I get when I say, "Say cheese!" Cute. |
 |
| Andrew at the temple's visitor's center. I did shed a mom tear at this moment. I said, "Andrew, are you ready to walk around the temple?" and he said, "I just need to stand by Jesus for a minute, Mom." Good answer, kid. |
 |
| Kates and I went to a baptism, and this is what we saw in the parking lot. Oh, man. Mormons are SOO awesome. |
 |
| Kate's artistic photo of the D.C. temple. These flowers really were very beautiful. |
 |
| We the Pizza. Holy smokes. This was good food. We also hit up Good Stuff next door (on the same day). Thanks Spike. Toasted marshmallow shakes...I'll probably be dreaming about those for a while. |
 |
| Lots of brother love on this trip. These two were so darling. |
 |
| On the metro. The boys LO-OVED the metro. |
 |
| Andrew took a picture of us. Pretty good. And I'm pretty limber. |
 |
| National Harbor. Boys couldn't believe all the boats and planes they got to see. |
 |
| Ford's theater. This was way cool. I've never been before. We're glad Ry could come too. It makes everything more fun. |
 |
| Henry and Kates at the theater. Henry warmed up to Katie and Ryan through the week...Which was a pretty impressive feat for anyone who's met/tried to hold Henry. |
 |
| At the Capitol. I will probably never get tired of this place. |
Just realized that not a single picture included Justin...Sorry babe. We'll invite you next time. :)
Fun things I didn't take pictures of...seeing Kayleen, sushi, Justin Bieber, seeing the Holtkamps, George Washington Parkway, trying to give Kates singing lessons, The Carlyle, questionable police activity, wearing Katie's clothes...
8 Things to Say:
I want to hang out with Megan and Katie.
Me too!
Your hair is getting long! It's weird cuz in my mind my picture of you is how you left. It's gorgeous though!
BOO! I wish we would've known you were coming. We would have totally made a trip to DC!
I agree with Cassie about the hair. AND I would like to see more megan hair pictures so I can really visualize you with your new long golden locks.
we loved seeing you guys too! good stuff eatery is one of our new favorite places :)
Yay for Katie, DC, and how happy your boys look.
What an awesome trip! I love your trips with your sis because they remind me of my sisters!
You look so great and I almost want to get in my car right now and drive up there just to get some of that pizza and shakes! mmmm.
Post a Comment