Monday, July 18, 2011

29 only comes once in a lifetime.

If you're reading this blog (unless you're a creeper who has never met me ever), you know that my birthday is my ABSOLUTE favorite day of the year. I know, I'm super self-centered, but I love my birthday. I was born on a perfect day, right by a holiday, in the summer. Vacations, beach, swimming, barbecues, all things that happen (or should) on my birthday.

Every year, I expect to be treated like I was as a kid...The whole day revolves around me, I don't have to do my chores, and I get to choose all meals and my mom makes them for me. And I should get a bike or something. And eat Ding Dongs. No crying kids, no laundry, no cooking, no cleaning.

And every year, that doesn't happen. It's not my husband's fault. But, that doesn't stop me from blaming him for not having the best day of my life on July 5th each year.

Enter Grumpy Megan, stage left....

Poor Justin, worked on my birthday and came home to me folding laundry, fuming (figurative smoke coming from my ears). To tell me that we're going on a fun getaway over the weekend and that Mark and Jenny are going to take the boys.

Exit Grumpy Megan, enter Guilty Megan.


 So, we stayed in Folsom, went to this beautiful place (it is so nice living closer to a temple...like, SO nice)
 Went to a fun little Italian restaurant that reminded me SOO much of a place I went to with my dad in Argentina...
 Went to a late movie (can't remember the last time I saw a movie STARTING at 10 PM...) and we were the only ones in the theater. We saw Midnight in Paris which I would TOTALLY recommend.
Went on a walk by this really beautiful river and talked, uninterrupted, for about four hours...Wow.
And came home to happy kids who loved playing with their cousins and their Uncle Mark and Aunt Jenny.

It was awesome. A good way to start out 29. And, rest assured, I did also receive flowers to make up for the lack of birthday worship. Poor Justin...He didn't have any idea what he was getting into. Bless his heart. :)

**Shout out to Mark and Jenny who really made it possible. I love living by them. More to come on them later.

3 Things to Say:

Sally said...

happy birthday!! glad you got a great birthday this year!

La said...

Happy Birthday! (and welcome to the world of grown-ups. bahhhahaha)

Kaylyn said...

Poor Justin indeed. I feel bad for him and Ryan for having married us...we are kind of ridiculous people aren't we?? But yet, we are awesome. Weird how that happens.