Thursday, May 31, 2012

The new babe

Probably only a handful of times in the past three years have I thought: "I'm glad my parents live in Argentina." This circumstance is one of them.

Since my mom wasn't home to help Katie when she had her new baby, and I felt a great older sister obligation to do for her what my mom did for me when I had my first baby, I was able to convince Justin that I had to go spend a week helping Kates make the adjustment to all the new things a baby brings. I have never been able to cuddle a new baby almost non-stop if I wasn't also trying to recuperate from giving birth to that baby myself. It was super awesome. And baby Jack is a sweet little baby who is a really good sleeper (also something I've never experienced firsthand) and a great eater (once again...not like my babies). I can't decide if I'm now very baby hungry (definitely would be if I knew I was going to have a baby like Jack) or just afraid that if we ever have another baby, I've seen what a good, non-colicky baby is like and will just be sad. :)

Love that milk-drunk smile that newborns get after they eat.

Sometimes he's not happy, but even then, he's really easy to soothe. 

Yawning babies. Is there anything cuter?

Jack trying to eat Katie's face. Maybe he's still hungry?

Trying to get a normal picture of Ryan...He was cracking me up.

Jack is very reverent. He totally sleeps with his arms folded if he's not swaddled.

At the MLK, Jr. memorial. Kates and Ryan were super brave and took him out for a little outing at 9 days old! He was totally perfect the whole time.

7 Things to Say:

Kaylyn said...

I wish you could have just moved in and were still here. Boo for you living across the country, Jack misses you. Thank you a thousand times over for coming to help me, I heart you sister.

Jen Holtkamp said...

jack is the cutest! so glad i got to see you when you were here! -jen

Colle said...

What a nice big sister you are! I bet that was so much fun!

La said...

Aw.. . I love this post. You guys are good sisters.

Trent and Meg said...

How much fun is that--so glad you got to go ;0)

Jessy and Adam Baird said...

What a cute babe! What fun you guys!

Nola said...

Thanks for filling in for me, Megs! You are a wonderful big sister and daughter!