Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Science Fair

So, I went to Mountainville Academy (where I used to teach) to judge the science fair.  I tell you, I've never felt so much like a rock star in my entire life.  It was really fun to see the kids, and especially fun for them to ask for my autograph.  What do you say to that?  Seriously, I'm a teacher.  Not famous.  

I didn't take any pictures, but this is a picture of Andrew wearing an outfit that one of my students gave to us.  Thanks, Niki!!  


I definitely miss teaching, and my students, a lot, but I would never trade the blessing I have to be home with my baby.  It is so fun to watch him grow and develop every day.  Plus, I don't have to get ready every day.  And I can wear jeans.  Thanks, Andrew.

4 Things to Say:

Kyle and Melissa said...

Cute baby Andrew...I like the colors on him

The Mercer Family said...

Isn't that the best? If you want you can just hang out in your jammies all day...that is until 5 minutes before your hubby gets home...then you hurry and throw on clothes as if you've been a beauty queen all day. They'll never know the difference! hehe Ahhhh motherhood! Kids are the best. They grow so fast and every new thing they do is more exciting than the last thing! Keep enjoying it!

La said...

I to, love being a mom, despite it being slightly inconvenient right now. You boy is super cute. And you are a Rock Star!

Kaylyn said...

Dear Mrs. Martin...I think you are a rock star too. Even though you threaten kids that you will pull their eyelashes out one by one if they aren't quiet. Also, when did Andrew get so big?? He needs to come and see me...