Thursday, January 17, 2008

When Dresses Are Okay

So, our friend Julie gave us some awesome nightgown things and she swears by them. Funny thing is, she has three boys. So, I was trying to figure out when it's okay for boys to wear dresses. Here's what I think:

1) When changing a diaper quickly is more important than what the baby looks like.
2) When it has manly sports symbols printed on the dress.
3) When they can't walk.

It is NOT okay for boys to wear dresses:

1) When they're in junior high. That's the kind of thing you can never live down.
2) When they aren't an islander. It's okay for some people, but there are certain cultures where it doesn't really jive. Ours is one of them.
3) When it's snowy and cold. Speaking from experience, getting snow blowing up your dress is SUPER uncomfortable.


Here's a dress that looks good. Andrew is a very secure man. He looks perfectly masculine.

3 Things to Say:

Colle said...

So i like your rules. I love the nightgowns for babies. Easton wore them too. They make middle of the night diaper changes so much easier.

Julie said...

This was funny! I'm glad he's fitting into them. Cute picture...he looks very manly:) good to see you today.

La said...

I love man-dresses!!! Cute pictures and a handsome boy.