Thursday, February 14, 2008

Extreme Lemon Sugar Cookies

Okay, here's the recipe, but keep in mind that it is copyrighted by Micki Sannar.  If you love it like we do, I'll let you know when the cookbook gets published.  Not joking, these recipes are incredible.  
Ingredients:
2/3 c. pure olive oil
1 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
2 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 tbl. lemon zest (one large lemon)
2 tbl. fresh lemon juice (you can get that from the same lemon)
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. additional sugar for rolling.

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.  Coat cookie sheets with olive oil cooking spray.  In mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, egg, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice.  Blend until smooth.  Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.  Mix until well blended.  Drop by teaspoonfuls or by small size cookie scoop into sugar and roll until well coated.  Place on prepared cookie sheets.  Bake 8 minutes, cool on wire racks, dust with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!!

3 Things to Say:

Kaylyn said...

Delicious...I am excited. Also, do you mean cooL on wire racks? I am guessing that isi what you meant...

Camille said...

Thanks!

jhorrocks said...

I made these cookies. They were really good. I didn't use olive oil, though. I used butter. Save the olive oil for salad. Thanks for posting the recipe! Do you think they taste better with olive oil?

Oh, this is Haley, I'm just too lazy to sign in as myself.