
So, Megan and I recently received our tax returns, and we're trying to decide what to do with them. Megan thinks I'm the most boring person in the world because I only want to spend money on investments (i.e., real estate, roth IRAs) and Megan would rather go on a vacation to visit her friends in Arizona, San Diego, or Vietnam (long shot) or Katie in Washington, D.C. So, I'm posting this blog because I want to know what you're doing with your tax return this year. We'll see who wins out.
Thursday, March 20, 2008
Tax Returns?
Author: Justin at 9:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 Things to Say:
well....Andrew has been talking every year about buying a motorcycle with our return hence our little survey on our blog-I'm still not convinced. I'm with Megan-vacations are the way to go, you know procrastinate the day for investing and planning for retirement :)
We are saving ours. Lame, I know. But I would like a vacation and if I wasn't prego I think we would be going to Disneyland.
We are saving our tax return, but that rebate check that comes in May is taking us to Disneyland.
Sorry, Megan--we're investing both our rebate and our tax return in food storage and my car payment.
Josh is in charge of this one. This return will help pay off debt for applying to med schools- then I'm sure he'll invest the rest. BORING! SERIOUSLY! hehe But what "Colle" ( I don't know who she is! :) ) has a good idea for the rebate check. I think that's a great idea. Maybe saving the return and splurging on the rebate! hehe
Ha ha Justin I hope it's okay that I'm laughing outloud... but yeah we're going to New York this summer with our Tax Return $$$. You guys are awesome. I vote the vacation to Arizona one.
We will have no tax returns because we are self employeed, however I recommend you go somewhere. Serously, memories are what life is about. Do it now! Seriously, you and Danny are too much alike. Just have some fun and be responsible later.
Sarah and I have created a list, a continually updated list, of needs/wants. We try and prioritize them. Once we get a little cash, we know what we have decided to spend it on. That way we don't end up on vacation to California thinking "didn't we need a thousand dollars to maintain your car this year (100,000 miles.)"
Jeff and I will probably save ours for now. Some of Jeff's family might go to Hawaii later in the summer. We'll have to see if we can afford to go with them. If not, we're definitely planning a trip back to Disneyland in the next year or so (where we went on our honeymoon).
Dan and I say that you two need to invest. As lame as it may feel or seem! We paid off some student loans with ours last year and it helped us get a better hold on our finances. Since it put us ahead a little, we save $100-200 a month for trips. So we were able to go to California this past month on those savings. It felt more rewarding to us because we actually saved for it.
So sadly, we have to be the lame ones and say invest!
We love reading your blog! Andrew is SO cute. Check out ours sometime thomastikis.blogspot.com
Take care!
Tyler and I always go through this same scenario, expect we're opposite. I always want to save, save, save, and Tyler wants to do things that will give us some great memories in the end. Sadly, I normally win this discussion because I'm much more stubborn than Tyler will ever be. We save ours!
Post a Comment