I loved this recipe for two reasons:
1. It has the word sin in the title. That has to be good. Not that sin is good, but usually it's good at the time. I should stop talking.
2. Olive oil actually ENHANCES the yumminess of these cookies.
So, here it is:
1/2 c. pure or light olive oil (I found out pure is the best to use, but Bertolli has a good extra light tasting one)
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
3 large eggs, beaten to a pulp
3 tablespoons milk
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 1/4 c. flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 c. powdered sugar
24 chocolate kisses, unwrapped (really yummy with the dark chocolate ones if you're into that kind of thing)
Preheat oven to 375. Lightly coat large cookie sheet with olive oil cooking spray. In mixer bowl add olive oil, sugar, eggs and milk. Beat well. Blend in vanilla and cocoa. Add flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until well blended. Drop by teaspoonfuls into powdered sugar and roll until well coated. Place 3 per row (they spread a lot). Bake for 7 to 10 minutes. More on the seven side than the ten, I say. Remove and press a kiss (a chocolate one) or a chunk of dark chocolate into the center of each cookie.
I did things a little differently than the recipe simply for lack of ingredients. I rolled in granulated sugar and put a bundle of chocolate chips in the middle instead of kisses. It all turned out okay. In fact, they're all gone, so I don't have a picture. And I didn't eat them all by myself, I gave them to people. Justin even ate one. A good measure of success.
Monday, May 5, 2008
Chocolate Sin Cookies
Author: Megan at 4:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 Things to Say:
Wow so you are like a way good healthy cook. Who knew? Those cookies sound way good. I think I will give them a try for FHE tonight.
Justin,
What is up man? I was just looking at some of my friend's posts and I found you guys. Where are you and what a good lookin' fam you got. Congrats man, and howdy, howdy, howdy.
Pretty impressive to get Justin to eat cookies. Who would have known?
Gotta love me for thinking you meant "chocolate without cookies"... I guess it was all of the Cinco de Mayo talk yesterday. Which, by the way my cousin mentioned on her blog about the time she celebrated Nsync-o-de-mayo and I'm wondering why didn't we do that?! Um, but Maddie and I made them and they ARE delicious!
Sin is okay by me if it includes chocolate - bring it on!
Megan?!! I noticed that you had a blog. I also noticed that it seems we are strangers. I'm very sad for that. This is the first time I have seen your off spring. I haven't talked with you since he was born!! Holy Shnikeys! YOu coming to AZ? I think you are incredibly nice and I really do miss talking to you and seeing you. I sent you an invite to my blog. PLEASE keep in touch. Let's just start from scratch and forget the past few months!! Love you lots!!!
I don't mean to sound wierd but do you ever look at other people's blogs through other people's blogs tootin' around when you know you should be doing something else? Okay, who is this Stef Star girl do I know her and she is hilarious. P.S. Molly got a new cell phone number and she is lost to me! Whoever got her new number is MEAN.
hmmmmm these look like great cookies!!! :) Thanks for the recipe! :) Hope all is well! ;)
Post a Comment