I'm not very creative when it comes to crafty stuff, and it sometimes stresses me out. This took me a good hour to make, and it's basically press on stickers.
I think I've outdone any creative act from my past today. We desperately needed to wash our quilt, but it costs a FORTUNE to take it to the cleaners. I don't have an industrial sized washer/dryer, so I was at a loss. I told Justin last night that I was going to wash it in the bathtub, which he said was fine as long as I didn't start until I had a plan of how to dry it...
I forgot to factor in that the quilt would weigh approximately one ton after I finished and it would be virtually impossible to wring it out while progressively removing it from the water.
One hour and a huge backache later, this is what I've come up with.
So, if it's been a while since you've played in a fort, come on over. Although, the floor beneath is a little bit damp. Oops.
10 Things to Say:
Did you not take it to a laundromat for any particular reason?
Your handwriting alone should be considered a craft, it's true beauty. Too bad you can't write your blog in your handwriting. Loved the posts, I haven't checked mine for a while and I was happy looking at your pictures and reading your thoughts which always make me smile. Love the fort, wish we could come play. P.S. we'll be in UT August 14-17 and I'd give my right leg to see you...
I love your craft project. Very cute. The quilt however I think could have been handle a little better. But at least you hand washed something, ya know, in honor of Pioneer Day and all. :)
I was dreaming of building a fort for Abby and Ryan just today! You've saved me the need! We'll just come over to yours!
Love the new look of your blog!
I need our quilt washed too, wanna come give it a second try?? :)
Megan-you are so funny. I also need a quilt washed. Now that you've perfected the art of doing it at home, I'll just send mine over.
Cute craft you made for Andrew's room!
oh boy, our quilt is really gross too-- for the exact same reasons. i never thought about the bathtub; good call there. would you do it again? it's the backache part i'm wondering about. i think maybe i'll just pay for an industrial-sized machine at the laundromat?
the good thing is you can just consider it your workout for the day!
Nice work on the quilt. Ours needed a major waching..so I finally took it to my mom's house. SHe has a bigger newer washer...so I took advantage of that. Man...you are a brave girl to wash it by hand. I can't imagine your backache now lol! Good job on the fort...pretty stellar!
SO I want to know does it feel clean? I think that I would make more of a mess than I would clean! I love the colors of you craft!
Never would have attempted that. Either.
Post a Comment