There was an article in the travel section of the paper about how dumb it is to have a vacation close to home. Apparently, that writer is paid much more than we are, because to us, it seemed like a good idea.
Examining the flora and fauna
Justin had Thursday and Friday off and we had originally planned to go to Pine View with Justin's family. Sadly, we live two hours (translate: $60 gas money) away. So, we opted to do a "staycation." So, Tribune writer, here's to you.
It started Thursday morning with Justin making a list of things we needed and wanted to do...We completed all but two needs and two wants.
We started with a chocolate chip cookie experiment...leaving cookie dough in the fridge for two days will make your cookies MUCH moister (I despise the word moist. It sounds so dirty.) Justin and Andrew practicing taking pictures
Luckily it's blurry so you can't see how hard Andrew is crying..
We had more friends for dinner on Friday due to an unfortunate car breaking down incident. We missed you, Cooks!
Small Martin, Small Hedin and Two Small Dodds.
We learned a good lesson..."It doesn't matter what time it is, as long as you're spending it together." (Days of '47 Parade)
11 Things to Say:
Cannibals!! Having friends for dinner?? How did you prepare them?
Sounds like fun to me. We had a blast a little while ago just going around town together. Good times.
I love the picture of Justin and Drew practicing taking pictures. He is so darn cute (you too Justy :)
Reading this post felt like being in very foreign world to me. A world full of babies.
First I would like to say that one of my friends Jess absolutely hates the word moist for the very same reason as you. Second I would like to tell you that I enjoy staycations and that writer is lame. Third...I have to admit that I enjoy vacations more and I am DYING to go to Hebgen Lake next month with my family and I feel as if it is not going to come...ever. The last thing I would like to say is this: you have a very cute son.
Love,
Darci
i'm glad you guys had fun--i think it's brilliant-- we're always so exhausted when we get home from a vacation!
you did this all in a weekend? i am impressed!
i'm so jealous! we really wanted to be there (or you to be here i should say) on friday night. but $300 later now, we should be (hopefully) avoiding further car trouble... when can we get together?!
Your brother Mark is so clever. And so is that sassy cousin, Darci.
I love the pictures and Andrew is way stinkin' cute. Good work!
We had a great time seeing you guys again before we left! I love the tribute to the newspaper guy. Look how much fun you guys had staying at home AND saving money!
First- staycations rock. Yours looks like so much fun. Second - add the word "moist" to the venn diagram. Hate it - I only use it when absolutely necessary. Love you though!
Post a Comment