Monday, August 25, 2008

Dreams and Such...

I'm not really sure the reason, but I've always been a vivid dreamer and remember almost every dream I have. Just ask anyone who's lived with me...

Funny dreams I've had recently...

*Being a part of Harry Potter's world. This was a really good one. Especially because I was still a mom and was trying to figure out how to get Andrew's carseat strapped into my broom.
*Having a 5-year-old style birthday party, complete with blow up toys, and having a bum war with Justin's high school girlfriend. Don't worry, Jill, it was totally amicable. But I did win.
*Justin having a pumpkin shaped head...He didn't know and I was trying to tell him without hurting his feelings.
*Trying to teach a class of middle schoolers and having them totally out of control, screaming so loud I couldn't hear. I woke up from that one realizing that it was Andrew screaming.

I love sleeping. Even if it's VERY interrupted (thanks, child, who hates sleeping recently), I don't mind too much because that just means I remember a greater part of my dreams.
And here's Andrew this week. He's almost got the crawling down, so we've started to put him in "prison" when we don't want to chase him anymore.

10 Things to Say:

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I have had SO many dreams of trying to teach a class of out of control kids! This is about the time when they come too! AUGUST! At least you wake up from those. They are terrible!
I love that you were trying to strap Andrew on to your broomstick!

I also love the idea of jail...I wonder if that will fly with Abby and Ryan?

Jill said...

umm... what's a bum war? i'm sure i could win if i practiced. :) and if it has anything to do with having a big SIZE of bum, i win already.

Megan said...

I'm shocked and dismayed. A bum war is on the trampoline where you have to sit down and stand up without any hesitation...Next time you're in Utah, it's on...

Kaylyn said...

Those are some sweet dreams. 1, 2, 3, 4, I declare a bum war...

I wish you could send the little monster out here for awhile, he is so darn cute.

Sally said...

I think you should have a daily update on your dreams. They're funny. They actually make more sense than mine...
We still need to get together!

grandpa rick said...

um, the prison is a little small isn't it? does grandpa need to provide little man with an early christmas present.....a play pen?

Brooke said...

I hate the bad class dreams. You just feel like you are trying everything to get them to be quiet but nothing works.
I can't believe Andrew will stay in his "prison" happily. He must be one content kid.

TPlayer said...

Justin-pumpkin head- You have no idea how much I am seriously laughing right now!

Sofia L said...

Have you ever woken up laughing? It's the weirdest thing ever but tons of fun. I've done it twice and all I remember was that I was laughing at something really dumb but I couldn't stop laughing.

Brooke said...

I just had a dream about you last night. Basically the city we were living in was very wicked so Heavenly Father was going to drown the whole city. The water was coming in like it does in the ocean. It came forward then went back again, each time bringing more water. You and I decided to climb to the highest bridge and hold on as long as we could as the water got higher and higher. We managed to hold our breathes (?) pretty long and then I woke up.