Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

Scenario: You find out your husband is not coming home for dinner, but you've already cooked dinner. What do you do?

Here's what I do:
*I still eat my food on the "little plates" my husband insists on using. Not sure why. Portion control, maybe?
*I take three pieces of bread instead of two. And I dip it in balsamic and olive oil. SO GOOD.
*I put my water in a goblet instead of a glass so I feel fancy.
*I LOAD the mizithra cheese on my spaghetti (P.S. You MUST try this cheese. Grecian goat cheese? Don't mind if I do.)
*I read my book at the table.
*I put my elbows on the table.
*I dance a jig.
That last one is a lie. But it's a funny image in my mind.

5 Things to Say:

Dave and Kathryn Dodds said...

I love mizithra cheese and also love dancing jigs while I eat. We are so similar.

Sometimes it's fun to have an evening to yourself.

Kaylyn said...

Sister, you have got to get out more. Guilty pleasure should be loading Andrew into the car and going to buy ice cream.... However, I am with you on the mizithra, it is deliciouso.

Sally said...

I think I visualized your whole evening. If Jason doesn't come home I look at it that I don't have to make dinner the next night and make myself a sandwich. As for the cheese, I don't think I have a very cultured palate, but I'd be willing to give it a try.

Jill said...

i'm with you on the balsamic + oil - a personal favorite. (and fresh mozzarella + tomatoes, yum!)

mare said...

yummy meal-- but shouldn't be guilty for sure. about the palin thing, i think this is where we part ways. i have a hard time with republican propaganda. politics politics huh?