Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sometimes...

I get in trouble for not updating our blog. I voted Justin should be in charge this week, but not so.
So, here are the happenings of the recent past:

1. Grandpa Flanders passed away on Monday evening. We are very sad and will miss him terribly, but are very happy for him and Grandma Ruby, who finally get to be together again. His funeral will be this Saturday.
2. I called 911 for the first time in my life. I saw a horrible car accident as I was getting in my car after grocery shopping. I ran over to see if the guy closest to me was okay. He was in shock, but luckily, there was a National Guard member who also saw the accident. He totally took control of the situation, which I'm so grateful for. And that I didn't have to give CPR. Even though I am certified, it scares me out of my mind to have to do that.
3. I found out I've been parting my hair on the wrong side for the last 26 years. And I finally got bangs. That don't stick straight out of my head because of my cowlick. (Just looked that up on dictionary.com...I always wondered how to spell that.)

4. My phone, which has been broken for about a month (everyone I talk to sounds like scuba divers) has now been replaced. Hooray!
5. Andrew learned how to say "two," "baby," and "Jesus." We're very pleased. And we're going to work on "one" next.

6 Things to Say:

TPlayer said...

how does one find out which side they should be parting their hair?

Amy Eagleston said...

Love your hair and how am I supposed to know what side I should part my hair. Please advise!

Kaylyn said...

I am with Amy, I want to know how this works...

Jen Holtkamp said...

yeah...how did you find out?

cool first responder story, that would scare me too.

Candace said...

You guys are so great! Thanks so much for watching our craziness twosome- I mean it does take some awesomeness to deal with bathroom mishaps for certain :) I am sorry to hear about your grandpa and about the 911 incident though.....I also checked out your workout blog- somehow I don't think your whiteness could really compare to mine though- I really think that I lack any type of melanin of any sort at all however when I was in Japan all the women loved my whiteness and asked me all the time how I got my skin so white...okay so this comment is really long, but I also have questions for you about your workout stuff don't let me forget to ask you on Sunday!

Jill said...

I'm sorry to hear about Grandpa Flanders. :(