4th of July = Favorite holiday. Mostly because I love everything involved...hot dogs, fireworks, summer, races, patriotism, etc.
1. Race for Trev. My cousin is a real-life army guy who has been in Iraq more than he's been home for the last 5 years. We like him, so we (his family + mine) ran for him. He comes home in about a week for a 2-week leave, so that's pretty exciting.
My bionic knee totally helped me get my worst 5K time ever...and being pregnant. No porta-potties = bad news for this mommy-to-be. Had to stop and walk because I didn't want to pee my pants. But it was fun to chat with my sis, so I'm totally not complaining.
The fam.

Katie enjoyed the not-so-delicious donut holes after the race.
2. Rexburg parade. We went there because they throw chocolate milk into the crowd. It was SO worth it. And it brought back such delightful memories of my Rexyburg days.
3. Barbeque at Aunt Laurel's. I love my cousins. They're super cool. No pictures here because Andrew was burning up with fever at this point (teething, poor fella) and so we didn't get to snap any fots because we were otherwise occupied.
4. Fireworks in Troy's neighborhood. Also no pictures because I'm lame. Their hood spent $600 on AWESOME not-so-legal fireworks. It was a VERY good show, and nice that we could put Andrew to bed and enjoy sans baby.
5. Melaleuca fireworks. My cousin told me that Idaho Falls was voted 2nd best fireworks show in the US of A. I totally believe it. Thanks to Troy's boss, all of Idaho gets to see some of the best there is. This year, we didn't go down by the river, but to a nearby park instead. It was really fantastic with much less traffic.
6. And what would a family event be without the bathing cousins picture?
5 Things to Say:
So Fun. I keep trying to tell James how cool I.F. fireworks are but he doesnt' seem it to be worth the drive, u gotta tell him otherwise. :) glad u had so much fun.
huge props to you for running a race while pregnant. you're amazing.
we also did family pictures with brad's big family this last week, it was unbelievably funny/hard. if kids don't want to cooperate - there is just no fixing it. one little nephew stood sideways the entire time. bless his parents, they were not pleased.
Woo hoo on running and being preggers to boot! I don't think I could've done it when I was at my most athletic. Hmm, when was that? Oh, yeah! When I was 8. Although at that age, I guess I wouldn't have had the stamina. Oh well!
It was fun having you here on the 4th! Thanks for running in the race with us!
I love that you even considered a 5k on a bum knee and pregnant. Your fourth list is great-- sounds like a good day. Congrats on the ambitious furniture rearranging and sewing machine-- can't wait to hang out!
Post a Comment