Monday, July 6, 2009

My Birfday


Part of my birthday gift was re-arranging the house to make room for baby #2...We have a few months, but moving and painting in the winter totally stinks (we did that last time), so we are trying to do it now. We bought a desk from IKEA to put in our room. Five hours later, and after building and completely taking apart because of ONE TINY screw, we now enjoy the luxury (i.e. annoyance) of having our office workstation in our bedroom.

Thanks, honey, for teaching me about patience. And not using a screwdriver as a weapon.

Justin also got me a sewing machine (shocking for anyone who knows me, but I really did want it) and some new clothings which I love.

And thank you SO much to my sis and sis-in-law for making sure I felt SUPER special on my b-day. And my nieces and nephews. They make me feel good about myself. Especially when Coley says, "Aunt Megan, even though you have a huge baby growing in your tummy, you're still pretty."

Mostly, it was the best to spend the weekend with my fam and enjoy the holiday. And to eat a LOT of c-r-a-p. That seems to happen when we get together. And I love it, every minute.

9 Things to Say:

haleyhorrocks said...

Aw, Megan, I didn't know it was your birthday! I'm firing Facebook: I use it as a birthday keep-tracker, and it fails me every other time.

Hope you had a good day!

Sally said...

i knew your birthday was somewhere around the 4th.... sorry i don't actually know what day. glad you had fun! and awesome job with the run being pregnant! you probably did better than i would have done NOT being pregnant!
ps, we miss you guys, let's play soon.

Kaylyn said...

Okay, really people...why the most hideous pictures of me possible? It was very fun to walk/kind of jog with you and talk all about sister things. I am so glad I got to be there for your birthday cause you are my favorite sister.

Michelle Walkenhorst said...

Happy Birthday, fellow Birthday Girl! Didya get my Facebook B-day card?

We have an Ikea desk in our bedroom too. Ever since I got my laptop, it's become the laundry station. At least it's being used for something, right?

Sew, what projects do you have lined up for your sewing machine? You'll have to come to project night, that is if I ever get around to hosting it.

Anyhoo. . .tootles!

Andrea and Chuck said...

Glad you had a great Birthday what you going to sew on your new machine? LOve all the family photos and sorry andrew did not enjoy the 4th.

Melinda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Doesn't matter if it's late, right?!
Well, I just got a sewing machine too and I'm super excited. Does that sewing desire come with becoming a mom?!!

Katherine said...

Is your birthday still your favorite holiday? I'm glad you had a good day.

Just for the record, I think painting stinks ANYTIME. :) I will post pictures of our paint job as soon as I can get everything unboxed and put away...

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

I think about you every year when the fireworks go off and you think to yourself, "how nice, these are for me!" I love it. And yes you are my hero once again. Running and pregs. You R-O-C-K!

Arica said...

megan, were you the one planning a trip to SD and wanting some tips and where to's? if so i believe i still have your email and can just shoot you a couple ideas.. if not, forget this comment. haha. (i couldn't tell for sure because the comments left on my blog didn't have back links to a user profile).