Thursday, October 15, 2009

Me Gusta the San Diego...

I took a little trip to San Diego with my sis before baby #2 comes into our lives. It was fantastic. Justin and Andrew stayed home. Justin is the best dad ever. Ask Andrew. He'll tell you.

We went to the temple and did a session. In Spanish. That was fun for me. And Kates got to wear a headset. Also fun.
Kates tried on a baby belly at the maternity store. She's going to be one cute pregnant lady.

We also went to the beach. It was nice. I got attacked by a giant wave. Not as nice.
We ate LOTS of food. This Mexican delight was...really, really, really, ridiculously good. Also enjoyed good seafood, good Italian, and good In N Out...maybe more than once.We had pussywillows as the decor in our hotel room. No one will appreciate that but our mom. So, here's to you, Mom.We got our toes done at a nice little Vietnamese place where they had pornography blasting on the TV's. It was awkward. We kept our eyes shut the whole time. But our toes looked good at the end.

We were trying to make our faces look skinny. It's hard work.We went to Balboa Park and walked around. It was nice too. Lots of strange people to watch.We celebrated Katie's half birthday with a red velvet cupcake that was less than delicious. I think this cupcake craze is dumb. But that's a post for another day.We found this slightly ridiculous.

10 Things to Say:

Jason said...

I love this temple! I'm jealous. Let us know if we can do anything for you guys in the coming months.

Arica said...

i'm glad you had a good time.. (:

Katherine said...

I love sister trips. :)

Colle said...

Oh man that sounds like so much fun. I want to do that with my sister. Katie is going to be a dang cute pregnant person that is for sure.

Natasha Ireland said...

LOVE this post. what a fun, well deserved trip. glad u got to go and have so much fun w/ your sweet sis. ps. I GET the cupcake craze actually so I might slightly disagree w/ you because if you remember right you got me RIDICULOUSLY AMAZING cupCAKES for my bday and I loved loved loved loved them :)

Kaylyn said...

Crap, you beat me. I will just direct people to your blog instead of updating mine. Thanks for the fabulous trip, I miss you (and In and Out) already.

Candace said...

So so so so jealous....we used to be able to go to San Diego whenever we wanted and have my parents' place to stay at- why did they have to go and ruin my life by moving to Utah?! It looks like it was a ton of fun though! *sigh*

Nola said...

I am so glad you both had so much fun. Thanks for the pictures and comments. You both are adorable and I am so glad you take this trip together. It reminds me of the fun you would have together when you were little. Love, Mom

Jen Holtkamp said...

glad you had a great trip! it's always nice when people have nice things to say about your hometown!

Jenny said...

i totally thought katie was pregnant and there was something major that i was missing! glad to know i'm not that out of the loop! looks like you guys had fun, wish i could've been there. maybe next year.