Okay, I know I am totally going to offend people for stating this opinion, but it's my blog.
I'm just going to come out and say it. Halloween is SUPER dumb.
Reason 1: I can buy my own dang candy. And if I do, I don't have to take those crappy DOTS that NOBODY wants. I can go straight to the chocolate.
Reason 2: I HATE paying for costumes that my kids don't want to wear and taking them to things they don't want to go to and eating things I don't want to eat and I definitely don't want my kids to eat.
Reason 3: Any idea about what we're actually celebrating? Paganism, anyone?
That said, I'm a mom, and I have the social obligation to be SO excited to dress up my kids and parade them around and take pictures of them trying to rip parts of their costumes off.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Dumbest Holiday EVER
Family Halloween 5K...Yeah, we made it up.
So, I did and it's done. Praise the good day. Let's get on with the Thanksgiving festivities (which, by the way, is like the BEST HOLIDAY EVER.)
Author: Megan at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 Things to Say:
It is a family thing...I don't like Halloween either. The boys look adorable though.
I could not freakin' agree more. Really. And Thanksgiving is my fav holiday. It's the best.
I saw a costume and thought of Andrew. It was a sock monkey costume, and I think it was home-knitted. It was awesome.
PS: Love the BOB.
Hahaaaa!! Love you Megs, you crack me up!
I am so on your Halloween dumb holiday team! Lots of work. Bring on Thanksgiving, turkey, stuffing, banana cream pie, mashed potatoes yummmm
ha, ha, i love this post! you guys are too funny! :) -jen
You guys are so awesome...so glad you had a fun day...the boys are so cute!!! (love the pumpkin painting...love it)
Sacrilege. I will not stand by and hear (read) this kind of talk.
I don't know how to spell sacrilege.
And I love how people now start celebrating halloween two weeks proir to the actual day. really how many times do you want to dress your kids up!!!!I always struggle to get pics cause i'm so dang tired from getting all three kiddos into costumes!
ohh, and i love how our stake used our trunk or treat as a missionary opportunity?? Really?
I am laughing so hard I SNORTED. Okay I am all about Halloween love that my kids get to dress up and be anyone they want to be, love the parties the yummy soups the carmel apples carving the coolest pumpkins and being with the fam. But i will say I wish I never would of started sewing the costumes (although are costume box rocks) because it is a lot of work!
Every party has a pooper that's why we invited you PARTY POOPER!! Just teasing...well kind of.
I just had to read these comments I love it when people get in Holiday wars. Halloween is wierd, but you're talking to a girl who celebrates every Holiday in the book... including N'Sync-o-de-mayo. Ha ha, just kidding :) Aren't you glad you don't live in the snow anymore! K- we had a 90 degree day last week. Boo to that.
Post a Comment