 |
| This boy is the trainee...The rest of us are all set. In case you were confused. |
We are potty training. Oh my. I remember swearing when we potty trained Andrew that there would be no amount of money too great to pay someone to do this. Alas, our financial situation is definitely not much better than it was then. So, here I am. However, can I just say, it is about a million times easier potty training when you're not dealing with a newborn and post partum? Plus, Henry is doing {mostly} great.
Speaking of poop, I think I lost all pictures from leaving Texas until February. Yes, folks, that includes Christmas 2011. Kind of mad at myself, but I blame the fact that our computer essentially went up in flames before we could save much of it. In the crapper, as it were.
Therefore, rather than going backwards, we'll just update from where we are. Just know that we're loving California, missing Texas and having the time of our lives.
 |
| They're just cute. That's the context of these pictures.. |
 |
| Andrew's dimples are getting even cuter. If that's possible. |
We were feeling lonely for our friends, so we decided to take matters into our own hands and throw a party to drown our sorrows. We invited 6 families thinking surely we'd have at least 25% attrition...Not so. We ended up with 27 very fun people in our very small apartment. It was super fun. We set up all the rooms for different activities and it was actually not too terribly squishy.
 |
| Kids got all hopped up on sugar and watched movies |
 |
| Grown ups ate yummy pasta and had a Valentine's box-making contest. We did NOT win. The "french kiss" box won the grand prize (mustache baking mold...because we're into re-gifting) |
My long-time blog readers (Katie, Mom) may remember our tradition we started last year...books from Cupid's Library. He TOTALLY came through for us again this year, and even left a little bit of candy. Thank you, Cupid/me.
 |
| I guess the father figure forgot about Cupid's Library and went straight for the awesomest gift ever. I'm not going to mention it. I'm pretty excited about my new cycle shoes. |
 |
| Is this brother love, you ask? No, no. It's WWF time on Mom's bed. |
Recently, we celebrated President's Day at the park with some friends. It was great weather last week (I think we passed 70), which made me love California a little bit more.
 |
| Andrew's friend Brooklyn. She's sweet and loves to play Jake and the Neverland Pirates with Andrew, which pretty much fulfills every fantasy he's ever had. |
Andrew is definitely having the hardest time adjusting to CA. He really misses his school and his friends. We recently found out he has been accepted into a junior kindergarten program next year (district-funded, every day school...yes, I'm doing cartwheels in my head). Andrew was super deflated when we told him it doesn't start until after the summer. Poor guy. But, in the meantime, he's picked up on reading super quickly and hopefully that tides him over...so we don't all drive each other completely insane.
9 Things to Say:
Good bloggy blog. You can totally handle this potty training thing, just think of the rewards of no more stinky Henry diapers. You got this!
I'm insulted I wasn't included in the long time blog reader list... your blog is pretty much my favorite blog ever. where again in ca do you live? we might be going there in a month... and i want to make it onto your blog somehow...
Miss you guys. Can't believe Henry is potty training! wow.
thanks for setting the record straight about potty training. i was worried about justin. and i agree, your blog is a fan favorite. life seems so much more fun at your house. :)
SO jealous you will soon be done with diapers. oh, wish. wish. i need to postpone baby #3 at least another year so that i too might enjoy that little pleasure!
sweet cycle shoes. nice work justin.
It's not that I needed to see it to believe it...but it's so weird/fun to see the Karford & Martin kids combine. I have seen their childhoods via blog pretty much since they were all born. I have to admit, seeing Jenn at your table makes me kinda jealous too.
LOVE your blog posts :D And your little beans...yes, they just keep getting cuter!! :D Good luck with the end of the potty training--glad little H is picking it up quickly :D
So I know I am a little slow....but we need an update on Henry. You guys are always so good at making friends. Your apartment looks huge if you can fit that many people in. We are looking forward to seeing you guys sometime soon! (time is relative here a few months will be here in no time)
Oh I love the books from Cupid idea. And I still love that you're in the state even if I haven't seen you in forever. Call me when you're feeling sad. I love you!
Post a Comment